Suitable Tweeter To Match Accuton C44

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have always wanted a speaker with one of those Accuton C44 Ceramic mid-ranges which are supposed to be really transparent. I was thinking of a Peerless 6.5 inch Nomex crossed over about 800hz but haven't thought of a suitable tweet. Not that keen on ribbons but because of how high the C44 goes was thinking of a 5K or so crossover. My understanding is that crossing over that high means you don't really need a top of the line tweeter. Any suggestions? I was thinking of the Hiquphon OW1 but suspect its overkill.

Thanks
Bill

I have always wanted a speaker with one of those Accuton C44 Ceramic mid-ranges which are supposed to be really transparent. I was thinking of a Peerless 6.5 inch Nomex crossed over about 800hz but haven't thought of a suitable tweet. Not that keen on ribbons but because of how high the C44 goes was thinking of a 5K or so crossover. My understanding is that crossing over that high means you don't really need a top of the line tweeter. Any suggestions? I was thinking of the Hiquphon OW1 but suspect its overkill.

Thanks
Bill
Troels has a speaker with those drivers, have a look.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.