What power rating do I use for Pe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GM

Joined 2003
I use short term max power since I want a good idea of how much dynamic headroom there is, but for it to be of any use, the program must plot the excursion limits so you can see the real aneochoic potential based on Xmax/whatever, and why I use BoxPlot 3.0 for quick sims.

If there's a dip in the FR I can keep changing Pe until there's none, showing me the more realistic limit, less room effects of course.

GM

GM

Joined 2003
You're welcome! IMO, I just did. Normally the manufacturer will publish Sd, the effective piston area, so you can calculate the effective diameter from it: ((Sd/pi)^0.5)*2

If none is given, then you can ~measure it by including ~ the width of the surround, IOW measure from the mounting gasket across the center to the edge of the diaphram on the other side, or eyeball measure from peak-to-peak of the surround on both sides.

Xmax/Le is required for a max performance XO/speaker design.

Yes, you can use the nominal power rating, but you still need an excursion plot for it to be meaningful. Really, if you don't have it, might as well use 1W.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.