help with blind (deaf choice)-- OBS revisited - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th September 2003, 04:27 PM   #1
Gregm is offline Gregm  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default help with blind (deaf choice)-- OBS revisited

or, I need your help in choosing a ribbon tweet and a sub --below 100Hz-- drive unit w/out actually listening to either (no friendly demo's where I now live).

I have been working the blueprint for a pair of passive OB's, baffle size (to-date, keeps on changing slightly), 134cm x 34 x 5. I am planning on a sealed subwoof with max. box volume of 80L.

I've opted for the Supravox 215RTF & 285 GMF for the upper to lower midrange. These can take care of the spectrum b/ween ~100 - ~900 -- ~3kHz or even higher, if the tweet demands it.

The tweeter:
my original choice, is the Raven 1/2. I love the Raven sound, but can't afford it.

I have located possible two alternatives that I know little about (other than published specs)
a) The new small Aurum Cantus at e-speakers @ $ 99 ea
b) another @ Madisound at $85 ea.

Any feedback on these? Given my less than stellar knowledge, even published specs would mean more to the seasoned diyers here than to me...

The sub woofer: had the idea to go for a side firing 15" an in www.kingston.neostrada.pl -- but again, the price of the ATC drive units there is forbidding. Any creative idea would be welcome...

As a final note, I have researched a number of sources (incl. linkwitz, snippets/ldsg, the forum here, etc) so, your experience is really the most valuable guide.

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!