Radian 5208c or GPA 212-8a?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone!

So, as a show of hands if i wanted to do a simple ported speaker with one of these great co-axials, which one would be "better" and why?

Radian is cheaper i guess.

Also, the Radian I could do OB but not the GPA.

Finally, if i had them in a box, do they really need a BSC or should i just add a powered 12" to them?

Thanks!

You may have better luck posing this question on the multi-way forum as coax are not really full range drivers. While multiple drivers are sometimes used, most on this forum are opposed to a crossover in the voice frequency range of 300 to 4000 hz. which both of these drivers require. I have had Altec A7s (2 way) which cross at 500hz and 604s (coax) that cross at 1500 and I much prefer the A7s.

Hey everyone!

So, as a show of hands if i wanted to do a simple ported speaker with one of these great co-axials, which one would be "better" and why?

Radian is cheaper i guess.

Also, the Radian I could do OB but not the GPA.

Finally, if i had them in a box, do they really need a BSC or should i just add a powered 12" to them?

Thanks!
Why are you comparing a 8" to a 12".:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.