Active Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I am planning a system I'm going to make in about a week. I am going to have crossovers and everything outboard so its ok if the crossover and amp and everything aren't all planned out.

I want to pair 2 line arrays I'm making with 2 more tweeter line arrays to help with combing issues. I plan on using a 3in tang band full ranger I for the main arrays (6 drivers each, I know its hardly an array) and then the Apex Jr tweeter spaced a bit over 1in, probably 18 of them for each tower. I am going to cross it over around 4500 Hz because thats when the combing will start being a problem.

I've been looking into crossover and amp options and I want something flexible and adjustable and I've come across something I think is pretty promising for both of these criteria. I like not needing a passive crossover which can be very expensive and difficult to do well, biamping has a ton of benefits also, and I could do some rough eq adjustment to compensate for room conditions.

One of these:
Pyle Pro PYX3X 3 Way Active Stereo Crossover Network 248-4708

And two of these (one for midrange L + R, one for HF L + R)
Lepai Tripath TA2020 Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Amp w/Power Supply 310-300

I would also have an active subwoofer for the lows.

Heres the 3in driver
Tang Band W3-881SI 3" Speaker 299-113

What do you guys think about this setup? Could I wire my Mac directly to the crossover as an input?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.