Altec Lansing VOTT Clones?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I don't know about the original Altec 416, but doesn't the Great Plains 416-8B have very impressive low bass response, and quite flat midbass range? Go here
Great Plains Audio's Classic Series Products click on this woofer's datasheet and see the graph on page 2. Looks like very good performance for a 6 cu. ft. cabinet. And isn't the 416 also very sensitive? So won't that also give you deep bass at low levels (night time listening)?

I used to own a pair of truncated A7 cabinets that I used for PA mids for many years in bands. Then for my basement stereo with 18" folded horns and HF horns. That A7 really does "speak". I was always fascinated by how the sound seems to come from the mouth of the horn and not from that 15" driver. And it does sound big.

A7's do have a very pleasant sound. I used to have a pair of truncated A7's that I used for mid bins in my 3-way band pa. They also sounded great in my basement. I was always amazed that the sound seems to come from the mouth of the horn, and not from the 15" driver. These make voice sound powerful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.