Apollo Construction Diary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can only second the motion to not use Flash. Adobe has stopped supporting flash for mobile devices, so Android, along with iOS wont work with Flash any more. Even ignoring that, the one thing that has ever really given me issues with browsers crashing and crap performance, are websites that use Flash, it's a pain and I reckon Adobe probably wanna drop it completely if they can.

hmm yeah I thought about that too, bit of a special case this one though, since hes been so open about his process and issues getting the cnc up, there is a wealth of all sorts of knowledge relating to high end speaker diy within these pages.

I think it was only definitely decided to go commercial so early after this CNC machine project kept on taking and taking and taking from the wallet, I could be wrong there, but that was my impression

guess thats up to the mods though, perhaps you should be pro-active and drop them a line about it Anthony?

Last edited:
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
As of now, I have nothing to sell even if I wanted to :D

Lets see...

Well I have a busted CNC, a bunch of scruffy looking test boxes, a shed load of CAD models and the merest hint of a website if you can even call it that. Any takers? Haha

When things get a bit more serious ie. I have something to sell. I'll ask the mods to close/move this thread into a more suitable area. For now I'm happy to share the development of loudspeakers using pretty cool tools such as CAD and CNC.

Thanks for the tips on the website. HTML5 it is and I've made a start. I'm going to try and keep the same layout as I had with the flash version but there'll be no flashy animations aside from a basic carousel style picture viewer and drop down menus.

attachment.php

Attachments

• webbymcweb2.jpg
    webbymcweb2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 1,871
Not at all meant as a criticism of the work, but if you're going to be "eventually" selling, it's still free promotion. I know you're not looking at it that way, but sometimes the look of being on the up-and-up is just as important as being on the up and up. That's why my sigline is an annoying disclaimer (I much prefer my older siglines).

Definitely your efforts are a value and inspiration to us all, and I REALLY dig the 70s vibe version.

As of now, I have nothing to sell even if I wanted to :D

Lets see...

Well I have a busted CNC, a bunch of scruffy looking test boxes, a shed load of CAD models and the merest hint of a website if you can even call it that. Any takers? Haha

When things get a bit more serious ie. I have something to sell. I'll ask the mods to close/move this thread into a more suitable area. For now I'm happy to share the development of loudspeakers using pretty cool tools such as CAD and CNC.

Thanks for the tips on the website. HTML5 it is and I've made a start. I'm going to try and keep the same layout as I had with the flash version but there'll be no flashy animations aside from a basic carousel style picture viewer and drop down menus.

attachment.php
Cur-V: not so hot.

Also, a little proofreading is in order.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Not at all meant as a criticism of the work, but if you're going to be "eventually" selling, it's still free promotion. I know you're not looking at it that way, but sometimes the look of being on the up-and-up is just as important as being on the up and up. That's why my sigline is an annoying disclaimer (I much prefer my older siglines).

Definitely your efforts are a value and inspiration to us all, and I REALLY dig the 70s vibe version.

Hi Badman,

Your absolutely right. Its an awkward line to walk and I do sometimes forget that. You see I've been a member for years and always have and will be a DIY'er at heart. But as you say, even though the target market is virtually nill on here, its a form of advertising especially with the website stuff since that's nothing to do with DIY and has everything to do with product and selling.

I'll stick firmly to the audio side of things and leave the website and marketing style stuff out of the picture and stick to only the development and construction side in much the same way as I've always done in the past.

I'd appreciate if a mod could add a few words on this because this is fast becoming a grey area.

Hi Badman,

Your absolutely right. Its an awkward line to walk and I do sometimes forget that. You see I've been a member for years and always have and will be a DIY'er at heart. But as you say, even though the target market is virtually nill on here, its a form of advertising especially with the website stuff since that's nothing to do with DIY and has everything to do with product and selling.

I'll stick firmly to the audio side of things and leave the website and marketing style stuff out of the picture and stick to only the development and construction side in much the same way as I've always done in the past.

I'd appreciate if a mod could add a few words on this because this is fast becoming a grey area.

Sounds good to me, as I say, love your work, the attention to quality and detail is something to behold. Those fuzzy lines are sure difficult and I find open discussion of them is the best way to achieve a quality resolution (as we have). I hope nobody takes this as anything but a polite suggestion from me, I'm not trying to give Shin a hard time here, at all.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Frequency response within +/-1 dB is hard to believe.

How come?

That's native without room and with 12db/oct smoothing on the FR. Its not that hard to achieve with active crossover and decent drivers.

Many studio monitors offer similar performance. Mackie for example supply a bit of paper with each of their HR series showing +/-1dB or better. And those are mass produced in China at that!

The LGT at its most linear had +/-0.5dB using Acourate generated correction filters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.