Apollo Construction Diary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Any progress :)?

The apollo is now complete. Just fitting and finishing touches left to do.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130829_162732.jpg
    20130829_162732.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 2,324
  • 20130829_162853.jpg
    20130829_162853.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 2,277
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Happy to report these have safely been delivered to their new home in Hong Kong. Arthur has a fantastic setup that will do justice to these speakers. I hope he gets many hours of enjoyment from them.

From design:

attachment.php

To reality:

attachment.php

Attachments

• design.jpg
    design.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,729
  • final.jpg
    final.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,696
Heya Gravedigger and thanks.

The primer goes on with a 1.8mm Airgunsa AZ3 HTE2 : Anest Iwata Europe - AIR GUNSA - GRAVITY SPRAY GUN AZ3 HTE2

For basecoats there's a 1.3mm Anest Iwata WS400 Evo : Anest Iwata Europe - SUPERNOVA - SUPERNOVA WS 400 EVO<br>EVOLVING INTELLIGENCE

And finally for clears I use a 1.4mm Anest Iwata W400WB : Anest Iwata Europe - CLASSIC plus - W400 WB CLASSIC plus

Hi Shin

Love your work :cool:

Automotive Acrylics are much easier to work with than 2pak's if you don't have a full on paint booth .Just rub back and cut & polish any blemishes and dust marks . There also not going to the ware factor compared to being on a car out side .Thinking of going back to arcrylic's myself ,some of the 2paks don't like to have dust rubbed out and when polished they can loose their chemical shine .

What size compressor are you using and how do you fined the air consumption
on the Iwata Supernova.

I'm using the 3M Accuspray 1.8mm spray gun for Hi Fill primers and I sprayed a pair of cab's in GMH chassis black acrylic with it ,they came out good .

Looking at getting the Optima Trifinity LVLP spraygun for Base & topcoats .
http://www.motorguard.com/pdfs/trifinity_spray_gun.pdf.

Have you moved away from water base ,base colours .

Cheers

Mal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.