Apollo Construction Diary - Page 45 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th September 2012, 02:53 PM   #441
diyAudio Member

I can only second the motion to not use Flash. Adobe has stopped supporting flash for mobile devices, so Android, along with iOS wont work with Flash any more. Even ignoring that, the one thing that has ever really given me issues with browsers crashing and crap performance, are websites that use Flash, it's a pain and I reckon Adobe probably wanna drop it completely if they can.
Old 12th September 2012, 03:12 PM   #442
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

anyone who has keyframe based non-linear editing experience for 3D or video in well conceived software will tell you what a complete bastard flash is to use anyway, seriously its completely, almost perfectly aggravating and stupid
Old 12th September 2012, 04:20 PM   #443
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Time to move this into the commercial area no? Seeing as your site represents you as selling them.
Old 12th September 2012, 08:48 PM   #444
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

hmm yeah I thought about that too, bit of a special case this one though, since hes been so open about his process and issues getting the cnc up, there is a wealth of all sorts of knowledge relating to high end speaker diy within these pages.

I think it was only definitely decided to go commercial so early after this CNC machine project kept on taking and taking and taking from the wallet, I could be wrong there, but that was my impression

guess thats up to the mods though, perhaps you should be pro-active and drop them a line about it Anthony?

Last edited by qusp; 12th September 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12th September 2012, 09:22 PM   #445
ScottG is offline ScottG  United States
diyAudio Member

It's not a commercial endeavor until you start requesting payment..
Old 14th September 2012, 08:38 AM   #446
diyAudio Member

As of now, I have nothing to sell even if I wanted to

Lets see...

Well I have a busted CNC, a bunch of scruffy looking test boxes, a shed load of CAD models and the merest hint of a website if you can even call it that. Any takers? Haha

When things get a bit more serious ie. I have something to sell. I'll ask the mods to close/move this thread into a more suitable area. For now I'm happy to share the development of loudspeakers using pretty cool tools such as CAD and CNC.

Thanks for the tips on the website. HTML5 it is and I've made a start. I'm going to try and keep the same layout as I had with the flash version but there'll be no flashy animations aside from a basic carousel style picture viewer and drop down menus.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg webbymcweb2.jpg (162.5 KB, 1635 views)
Old 14th September 2012, 08:42 AM   #447
diyAudio Member

Funky 60's vibe going on here

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pretty.634.jpg (139.7 KB, 1195 views)
Old 14th September 2012, 03:54 PM   #448
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Not at all meant as a criticism of the work, but if you're going to be "eventually" selling, it's still free promotion. I know you're not looking at it that way, but sometimes the look of being on the up-and-up is just as important as being on the up and up. That's why my sigline is an annoying disclaimer (I much prefer my older siglines).

Definitely your efforts are a value and inspiration to us all, and I REALLY dig the 70s vibe version.
Old 14th September 2012, 04:42 PM   #449
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinOBIWAN View Post
Funky 60's vibe going on here

The loudspeakers also look like they could easily be modded to be worn as a pair of massive platform shoes too
Old 14th September 2012, 05:13 PM   #450
ScottG is offline ScottG  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinOBIWAN View Post

Lets see...

Well I have a busted CNC, a bunch of scruffy looking test boxes, a shed load of CAD models and the merest hint of a website if you can even call it that. Any takers? Haha
Now, now. Lets not "sell" yourself short here.

..you also have a pitifully small bank balance as a result.

Hide this!Advertise here!