First time speaker build help - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd December 2011, 10:22 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

For WinISD Pro the 'help' - 'getting started' - 'Using WinISD pro' helps a lot. 'Entering new driver data' is a good place to start.

enjoy
rev.
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:17 PM   #12
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradley View Post
Is that the cabinet you would be suggesting?
I should also have mentioned that there are A LOT of designs for this driver.

dave
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:12 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revboden View Post
For WinISD Pro the 'help' - 'getting started' - 'Using WinISD pro' helps a lot. 'Entering new driver data' is a good place to start.

enjoy
rev.
At first I went to help and it didn't work. I had to download a file to be able to read the help on win 7.

Thanks!
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:14 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
I should also have mentioned that there are A LOT of designs for this driver.

dave
I'll look for more examples. I like the looks of th eone you sent and it looks like it might be a bit hard for me to make, but would be a good cabinet building experience, so I'm interested. I'm also interested in listening to a full range single driver speaker.. so I may end up building these and the ZMB4's.

Especially since the speakers that really amazed me and got me interested in hifi were Omega Super5's which are a single driver
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:28 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I just downloaded WinSD but this seems a bit over my head so far. I do have a book on the way for speaker building which might help me make sense of some of what I'm looking at here. I feel like this might be step two for me. I was thinking of just building someone elses design first and them moving onto either a more complicated design or then working on my own cabinet. If there was a simple cabinet I could just follow along with that kit, that would work for me.
Play around with the EL70 in WinISD. You'll need to enter the TS data first, eezy peezy. You select "New Project", then select "new" on the right of the dialog box. Now select "Parameters" at the top of the "driver editor" box, and enter in the TS values for the EL70. You will notice that the program will calculate some values without you entering a value. This will avoid errors when it's time to "save" the driver data. Now the driver will be in your database, and you can start a new project.

I'll bet real money Dave's Mar-Kel70 will dig deeper in the bass that the Omega Super 5's, looking at their web page specs.

jeff

Last edited by vinylkid58; 3rd December 2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: add text
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:37 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylkid58 View Post
Play around with the EL70 in WinISD. You'll need to enter the TS data first, eezy peezy. You select "New Project", then select "new" on the right of the dialog box. Now select "Parameters" at the top of the "driver editor" box, and enter in the TS values for the EL70. You will notice that the program will calculate some values without you entering a value. This will avoid errors when it's time to "save" the driver data. Now the driver will be in your database, and you can start a new project.

jeff
I added the EL70 but don't see values for Z or dia in this file http://www.creativesound.ca/pdf/CSS-...ata-080909.pdf just leave them blank? or do they have other names
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:56 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Z is 6.0 ohms, which is automatically calculated when you enter a value for Re, I think.

jeff
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:58 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylkid58 View Post
Z is 6.0 ohms, which is automatically calculated when you enter a value for Re, I think.

jeff
Thanks, I entered 6. It did not auto calculate for me
Old 3rd December 2011, 01:10 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It did not auto calculate for me
Well it should have. Does the driver sim ok?

jeff
Old 3rd December 2011, 02:56 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

I think so.. As I change variables the graphs change.. I just have to read up on understanding them

Hide this!Advertise here!