Dr. Leach Very Large Enclosure 3-Way Speaker Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Back in the late 80's when I attended Ga. Tech I downloaded a 3-way speaker design from Dr. Leach's website. This design is not the Vifa 3 way speaker design that is currently available (which I built many years ago and still have them!). This design, by Dr. Leach, is a 3-way speaker with a very large internal enclosure --

H-70cm
W-42cm
D- 27.5cm

I actually had the enclosures built by a professional woodworker about 15 years ago!

For some reason Dr. Leach removed these plans from his website. I realize that I may never find the original plans and if I did I assume that the drivers would be discontinued. However, I would like to use these enclosures and would like any guidance to determine how to go about selecting drivers / cross-overs for this exact enclosure. I have the Dr. Leach textbook on order which I understand provides guidance in designing speakers. I want to jump start my project and would like to hear from anyone willing to share their thoughts about how I should move forward with this project.

By the way, I just learned last week that Dr. Leach passed away last year; I was saddened to hear this news as I was one of his students many years ago but never pursued mastering audio or speaker design at that time.

Thank you,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.