Tqwt with Beyma BEYMA 12XA30/Nd simulation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Simulation on a straight tqwt. I want it to spread happines when i look at movies or listening to music in my living room (20-25m2).

Want your opinion, i have never built a this kind of speaker.
Please tell me if you´re missing some kind of info :)

http://www.artlon.pl/beyma/download/12XA30Nd.pdf

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I am curious about the performance of the Beyma 12XA30/Nd, anyone heard them?
Yepp, it sounds like, or better said, it feels like riding a Harley-Davidson vs. any one of those modern 80ccm "plastic" scooters. ;)
Note this is coming from a 15XA38Nd user (open baffle, but they'll find home in big ported cabinets soon). I've heard the 12" as well. Not much difference between the two, neither one sounds like typical hifi speakers (read: they DO transport dynamics and render precise tone, even for recordings where you thought there were none such).

IMHO these coaxial pro drivers are among the best suited for domestic use because the woofer has suitable specs.

@sladdbarn:
For real movie "slam" you'd probably need additional sub/infra.

Be prepared to spent considerable time to break them in (with pink noise at high power levels), and do that *before* you mount them into the cabinets :D

Also, beware of the tweeter when measuring it. I literally burned my ears one time when I forgot to check amp output levels.

Last edited:
I´ve learned a lot since this post.

One thing is that my simulation is a MLTL not a tqwt.

If i eventually will build them (i really hope) they will have a -f3db at 40Hz
because they seem to simulate better then. And the curve will be more
straight done to ~40hz.

Maybe i will build a tapped horn if i want more of the lower bass when im
watching movies.

Havent heard them myself but people on internet seems to like them a lot
and beyma always makes quality speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.