Zaph SR-71 vs. Proac 100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there. I've been following a bunch of the older Zaph SR-71 build threads and a few times have ran into comments saying that the SR-71 sounds like the Proac 100" or "it sounds like it's a part of the Proac family." Everything that I've read about the SR-71 has been pretty much positive. I'm currently looking to upgrade my studio monitors and the SR-71's seem like the way to go but I am a little conflicted between the Zaph's and the Proac 100's. Obviously I don't have a way of testing out the SR-71 in my current space, but from a subjective and objective perspective, what are the differences that some of you guys may have found?

Interesting saying that SR71 sounds like ProAc, I suppose the reason is that SR71 uses SEAS drivers, and ProAc has many products also use SEAS...that's all.

I have built a SR71 myself, and I dare say that it sounds much better than many $2,000 worth commercial products.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.