Supravox reviews - 215 EXC or Sig? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2003, 07:07 PM   #1
mgreene is offline mgreene  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Supravox reviews - 215 EXC or Sig?

I have been following the "field coil" discussion since the aborted Fertin group buy in Brian's earlier thread.

Some time has passed, can anyone give a rewiew/impression/2nd hand impression on how the Supravox 215 Sign.Bicone (not field coil) stacks up to the 215-2000 EXC (field coil)? And I guess to other well known speakers as well.

I am wondering if the extra money is justified. Also, what about a Supravox group buy?

Regards

Mike
Old 9th September 2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Default Re: Supravox reviews - 215 EXC or Sig?

Konnichiwa,

Quote:
Originally posted by mgreene
Some time has passed, can anyone give a rewiew/impression/2nd hand impression on how the Supravox 215 Sign.Bicone (not field coil) stacks up to the 215-2000 EXC (field coil)? And I guess to other well known speakers as well.
Well, I have not yet heard the 215 EXC, but it is scheduled in for an upgraded version of the Speaker I'm working on, together with a nice Ribbon Tweeter and special Fieldcoil Supply designed also to raise the Qt of the Driver for open baffle operation.

Fieldcoil drivers have something few others have....

BTW, I should have my metalwork tomorrow so HOPEFULLY I'll have two Supravox Baffles playing soon.

Sayonara
Old 10th September 2003, 01:06 PM   #3
mgreene is offline mgreene  United States
diyAudio Member

Very interesting Senior Wang,

Any links to the PS design?

Mike
Old 27th February 2013, 11:09 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorstenL View Post
Konnichiwa,

Well, I have not yet heard the 215 EXC, but it is scheduled in for an upgraded version of the Speaker I'm working on, together with a nice Ribbon Tweeter and special Fieldcoil Supply designed also to raise the Qt of the Driver for open baffle operation.

Fieldcoil drivers have something few others have....

BTW, I should have my metalwork tomorrow so HOPEFULLY I'll have two Supravox Baffles playing soon.

Sayonara
Hi,
Have you finished the new project with the 215 EXC ? If yes, I'm curious about your sound impression compared with the previous you had (215 Sig bicone) because I own a 215 Signature ( cut at 10KHz), am very pleased but I'm very tempted to buy the 215 EXC looking for a better sound, of course. Does it worth the change for the price it has? Most of the owners praise for the sound but I've read some articles where it is said that many electromagnet drivers sound worst than the ones with permanent magnets. I trust in you that's why I believe you'll enlighten me and help choosing one better solution FOR THE SOUND.
Thanks in advance for your answer!
Regards,
Horia.

Hide this!Advertise here!