Tony Gee Mudulus?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No but I have heard a few others such as L'Orfeo, Paper Hatt and Andromeda MK2 and they are very well balanced, good "musical" speakers. Of course hard to compare since the Paper Hatt is a small 2 way monitor while the Andromeda MK2 has large 12" woofers. But all of them have top notch designed filters. I have met Tony a couple of time and he is a great guy and very good at what he does. You basically cant go wrong with one of his designs.

Scanspeakman

The ribbon tweeter is nice and crispy, it handles the low order filtering if you don't listen too loud; otherwise you see the ruban moving a lot but no distorsion heared however.
Bass go deep but a bit lean in the bass/high-bass ranges; however very tight and clean. Speaker, at least in my room, has to be sticked to the rear wall to deliver the best listening balance (this CA26RE4X may be best used in a vented enclosure).
Midrange is the tricky thing in this speaker; at normal listening level it is nice and neutral but can be sometimes raw and a bit harsh at higher levels; I ran a few measurements and it seems that this phenomenon isn't related to a flaw in the design...so perhaps the dipole load which may be difficult to get a smooth response regarding the room acoustic?
Image and soundstages are great, dynamics aren't the best I heared because of the bass character; all in all a speaker best suited to classical music than modern one IMHO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.