Passive radiator on center channels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PWt/mWP

Has this been done? any reason not to? the c-c spacing of the PRs would be will below 1/4 wave at <60Hz.

I've seen plenty of ported centers in this fashion, just wondering if there would be any appeal in having PRs for the avoided resonant modes of the ports, as well as the added visual appeal of having more cones :D

I'm starting with my center, and then going from that design to make the L/R.
Sort of backwards from what many do, but I have a lot of single drivers I want to experiment with. There's a thread elsewhere on that particular topic.
Through coincidence it's turning out very similar to theZD3C project on zaph's site.
I had some 8" Dayton PR's lying around the honestly I want out of my way, and pondered using them instead of porting. I guess I could have posted it in that thread...

Through coincidence it's turning out very similar to the ZD3C project on zaph's site.
I had some 8" Dayton PR's lying around the honestly I want out of my way, and pondered
using them instead of porting. I guess I could have posted it in that thread...

Hi,

You could do a lot worse than copying that design outright, easy enough
to swap the ports for PRs noting they could go on the sides if wanted.

And as that design shows, you don't want the centre the same
as L/R. You want the same tonal balance from L/R and C.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.