What do I need to build for "Techno" query

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Make your wife a bubble bath. Make sure that there is enough water that it would overflow when she gets in. Measure to see how many cubic feet after she gets out. Then build a speaker with that cf. If she complains, tell her "it's your size". Tell us what happens next.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Opening thread again as I am almost up to building.
I found an old Coral/Foster 8inch Bass-mid among my box of spares a while ago, this woofer came in a 3-way box that used 2 tweeters, a 4 inch and a 2 inch, both sealed back cones with simple cap-in-line high pass.
I am going to use this crossed as low as the budget will allow to the Jaycars El Cheapo polycone 10s.
My Crossover program has developed a big glitch so I need to remove and download it again but at this stage I plan on 2 woofers, one crossed very low and the other right on the baffle step frequency ( or as close as "Standard value" components will allow ) I even have an idea for a cabinet design that will allow a rear firing woofer mounted right against a wall.
On my shelf I also have a large number of 3inch full range open back drivers that I salvaged from cheap HT in a box speakers this will substitute for the 4inch tweeter and if I need a super-tweeter I'll use the cheap Foster ribbon with a 2uF in front.
Progress will be slow as I need to fit the speaker building around the renovations. I borrowed some my mates favourite CDs and there really is a lot of deep bass so the box needs 2 woofers.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
The little 3 inch woofers cannot keep up with the big mid, lucky for me I have plenty, so I will use 2 on each side.
Been playing with the Foster ribbon, it actually isn't bad with a simple cap in line ( 2 uF ) and a small resistance. SWMBO has much better ears than I do and she agrees that these add "air" and sound OK when used as a super-tweeter.
So TTS or TST??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.