Modeling stacked mid horns ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To extend tight vertical polar response lower in frequency -in a limited space- I'm considering stacking a pair of mid horns. (To prevent the pattern from becoming too tight in the upper mids, one would probably be rolled off lower in frequency than the second.)

What can I use to predict or, preferably, model the polar pattern? Any reasonably priced or free software available in the pro world?

To extend tight vertical polar response lower in frequency -in a limited space- I'm considering stacking a pair of mid horns. (To prevent the pattern from becoming too tight in the upper mids, one would probably be rolled off lower in frequency than the second.)

What can I use to predict or, preferably, model the polar pattern? Any reasonably priced or free software available in the pro world?

Hornresponse:

Hornresp

In particular:

"Horns with multiple drivers and arrays of multiple loudspeakers can be modeled."

No crossover modeling however, but presumably you could use the polar model's "curves" and do some modeling with Soundeasy. :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.