Some Assistance if you please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Don't kick yourself mate, they are very hard to get away from. Happened to me only a few months ago. HT package. I decided what I was prepared to pay for it (just for the processor) and that was less than they expected to be offered. Still, I had to blame my wife, my boss, the tax department and the needs of my children in convincing them to quietly leave.

Hi,

The 15" does look that bad to me,

245647d1319188766t-some-assistance-if-you-please-imag0016-9.jpg

its not like its like this :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

or this :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It seems to have a substantially larger magnet and is probably
very usable for something, that depends really on its Qts.

rgds, sreten.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Sreten I assume you meant to post doesn't. :)

Moondog, those 5" jaycar polycone sealed back midranges were awfull! I put some in when I thought I'd blown my phillips dome mids. Admittedly I had an "off the shelf" crossover, but they sounded horrid! I eventually pulled the domes apart couldn't see a problem with the voice coils put them back together and they were fine. The polycones went in the bin!

Tony.

I have a pair of these speakers I'm trying to give away; no takers! They are "loud and bassy" with all sorts of resonances audible even to my ears, so I prefer my old BIC speakers I bought in USA in about 1980. The Petersons have only a capacitor for "crossover", and IMHO not worth improving. You can't easily get the backs off to insert a better crossover or wall dampening. I got them many years ago with a secondhand Pioneer stereo I bought for a family member.
AntonOfOz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.