My sound system!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Left satellite(actually a full range speaker but after proper lining/damping lost some bass and became a satellite)
Has pretty good tweeters with fibre domes and 5.5" woofers with HUGE magnets(without lining they did 40hz easy but sounded a bit boomy and after tuning responce had no bumps but they lost some bass) in ported enclosure tuned to approx 45Hz

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 419
Circlotron said:

Looks like you were trying to make one of these things.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Funny how one makes sound and the other shooshes it up using the same principles.

Actually, there's no real difference! A transmission line cabinet shooshes the backwave except for low frequencies. Want to hear the exhaust note on my 2002 Z28? It's a 5.7 liter woofer! I tell my coworkers that my Ariels are actually glasspack mufflers. They're really stuffed with poly fiber rather than fiberglass. (The Ariels, not the coworkers.)

BTW, you owe me a royalty for using that name for your unit. ;)

You have a name for your unit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.