"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I went from Kimber and DH Labs to Vertere, excellent cables but a high price. I have a pair of pulse B interconnects but the one to have is pulse R. But the cost of Pulse R makes it a hard decision....for now it is too expensive.
I wish I could find that good cables for a fraction of the price. It opened up the sound very convincing and makes music sound so relaxed but at the same time alive and engaging. I need some DIY cables sounding like this, please show me how, lol.

Last edited:
I have played many high res. files lately, and it is here the Meitner really shines. Tested 24bit/192kHz DSD and PCM and also 24/176, 24/96 and even 24/88kHz. Everything is played without problem. On some recordings it is so much more live than CD 16/44 and also the sound stage is so opened up, great stuff. Of course as always the quality of the recordings themselves matters the most, but I am getting addicted to this high-res stuff!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have played many high res. files lately, and it is here the Meitner really shines. Tested 24bit/192kHz DSD and PCM and also 24/176, 24/96 and even 24/88kHz. Everything is played without problem. On some recordings it is so much more live than CD 16/44 and also the sound stage is so opened up, great stuff. Of course as always the quality of the recordings themselves matters the most, but I am getting addicted to this high-res stuff!

Having listened to top line dCS stuff on such files I know what you are talking about. The recorded information flows noticeably better. The nice thing is that the simple concept DIY speakers still got steam to show that.

Interesting.

Since I have gone into the high res. world of digital audio, I found some nice info online regarding Norah Jones "Feels like home" album. It said that this cd recording has some problems with "clipping piano" sound and a little "shouting voice" which is exactly what I heard at home. This made me suspecting the speakers and for sure I could hear that it made the cabinet resonate so I fixed that to some extent as I told you in this thread. This info online also said that the high res. version online (24/192kHz PCM) is way better and I can conclude it is since I downloaded this and also her album "Come away with me" a few days ago before because I was curious. It is way better than the CD: no clipping, more detail and air and a better flow and also sounds calmer. It seems the tired2way with my filter components (was rather expensive) is very revealing.
Nice work from me and of course Salas and Mikvous.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.