"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You mean it needs the open space in full behind it? Well too much work anyway. I think I will do a rod from that bracing straight to the back, no angle upwards. Start with that and try to listen before I do anything else. I already put a new bracing from front to back below the woofer on one speaker.

I tried a rod from the side bracing to the back but was not convinced, I just squeezed it into place and listened and then removed it. It made some new unwanted sound. The extra front to back bracing seem to do something good, but no big difference. Left to try would be a rib at the back, but that is hard to try since I have to glue it permanent first. Also I could try some foam and see what happens, probably not much like you said Salas.

Attachments

• speaker45.jpg
    speaker45.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
That foam did very little reducin back-panel sound, but I noticed a sligth reduction of bass, so it will be removed. Next step will be how to test a rib at the back without gluing, or I take a chance put in one to start with. It is when hitting a piano note hard, or plucking a string hard on electric guitarr these "sounds" is heard from the back coloring/emphasize sound.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.