"Tired2way" speaker building. - Page 96 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th July 2013, 06:22 AM   #951
Starre is offline Starre  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thanks Salas! Yes that could explain the improvement I hear, I have one balanced cable between preamp and power, maybe that part is not so sensible. I could move that cable to the dac and use the RCA between pre and power instead, I can always compare. I also finally updated the software in the dac so now it can play 24bit/192kHz DSD files via USB, I will listen to some of that tonight. First impression was that it is better than "Cd-quality" WAV files .
Old 10th July 2013, 11:53 AM   #952
diyAudio Member

Had to return the dac, but it was surely a vg sounding dac to my ears. Very detalied and powerful with great dynamics and clarity.
Old 19th July 2013, 09:37 PM   #953
diyAudio Member

Missed it quite much so I got another one to see if it is the dac for me.
Have to cut some costs but oh well, this is a big part of my life so might be the right step to take. Back later with a review if I keep it.
Old 22nd July 2013, 05:35 PM   #954
diyAudio Member

So finally my cd-player was replaced with a ma-1 dac today . A big upgrade for me, I will give a short review of it when I am ready.
Old 22nd July 2013, 06:57 PM   #955
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Congratulations.
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:49 PM   #956
diyAudio Member

Thanks, it was the right choice I think. I need some adjusting to playing ripped cd and I have only tried a few free DSD music files. But both sounds very nice.
I will post some pictures tomorrow, now I say good night.

Last edited by Starre; 22nd July 2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:17 PM   #957
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

starre,

congratulations, that dac was always in my radar , but just out of my budget .

any plan to upgrade the speakers?

cheers
henry
Old 23rd July 2013, 03:02 PM   #958
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I bought a demo unit since yes it is expensive. No plans for new speakers for now. To begin with I am out of money after this dac purchase .
Old 26th July 2013, 06:40 PM   #959
diyAudio Member

Default Dac in place.

A picture of the dac. What is different then? It sounds more complete from bottom to top, more details and live feeling. I get the feeling my amps and speakers are not showing all it can do, but it doesn´t matter since it is much better than with my old player .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Min ma-1.jpg (111.7 KB, 145 views)
Old 18th August 2013, 01:14 PM   #960
diyAudio Member

Happy with my dac, I have tried a few different USB cables. It is not hard to hear what different USB cables do so I have to find one that works best in my system. Speakers have no problem showing what happens when you change something. I had some unevenness in the mid range on piano that I will investigate, I need to adjust the positioning of speakers a little to get it more even. As it is now I have mostly cared for bass performance trying to compensate for the room, but some attention is needed for mid range perfection. And I should get some curtains in my room but I always push that in front of me since it is boring.

Hide this!Advertise here!