"Tired2way" speaker building. - Page 92 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2013, 07:47 AM   #911
Siberia is offline Siberia  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Starre,

You might also be interested to know what Lynn Olson has to say about digital stages:

dac
dsd
pcm dsd

Last edited by Siberia; 30th April 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 30th April 2013, 08:07 AM   #912
Starre is offline Starre  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Yes, thanks .
Old 2nd May 2013, 08:48 PM   #913
diyAudio Member

I disconnected the external power supply from my cd-player tonight. It is years older than the main player. And strangely enough, I think the cd-player now sounds better. It sounds cleaner and more relaxed but not less dynamic at all. I also think it sounds a little more extended in treble. So I will certainly not need it any more. I will keep the cd-player for comparing with a DAC playing music with data files.
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:29 PM   #914
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starre View Post
I disconnected the external power supply from my cd-player tonight. It is years older than the main player. And strangely enough, I think the cd-player now sounds better. It sounds cleaner and more relaxed but not less dynamic at all. I also think it sounds a little more extended in treble. So I will certainly not need it any more. I will keep the cd-player for comparing with a DAC playing music with data files.
That's odd! Is your external supply a Hicap? I noticed quite a big improvement in dynamics when I plugged a Hicap into my old Naim CD3.5. Perhaps the PSU needs a service? Or maybe your CDP doesn't respond as well to a PSU upgrades, as my old CD3.5 did?
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:40 PM   #915
diyAudio Member

It is a flatcap ( It has the 2x24V output). I do not know but I prefer it without, my CD5x is one of the last made (2009) before the 5XS was launched. Maybe my taste is different .
Old 4th May 2013, 09:51 AM   #916
diyAudio Member

Default No doubt!

I have been listening more to well known music and it is clearly better! The only thing I maybe have "lost" is a little bass weight, but everything else is better. More extended treble, cleaner midrange with more insight and slightly easier to hear text from singers. I sold the power supply yesterday. So I am not that much in need for a dac anymore, but I think I will try one as a complementing source for my cd-player since I believe there is even more to get out of my system. The speakers have easily showned what different sources do yo the sound so I am happy about that too .
Old 21st May 2013, 07:07 PM   #917
diyAudio Member

Default Test of signal cables.

I have made several tests with a few different signal cables since a friend of mine bought some very good cables, I heard a significant better sound when he used them in his system. So I had to try one at home and I have never heard my system sound that good before. Very easy to hear the difference in my system. So I have decided to get a pair of this cable to start with and then later add another pair when I can afford it to run it all the way from cd/dac to power amp. So what is different? Much cleaner sound without any harsness or stressed flow of music but still very dynamic in a natural way. Bigger soundstage with added depth and detail, too. It sounds so natural. I am hoping to be able to buy a pair very soon . The DAC will have to wait.
Old 23rd May 2013, 01:19 PM   #918
diyAudio Member

Today I bought a pair of the interconnects from Vertere and I will get them on Saturday. Looking forward to it.
Old 25th May 2013, 03:30 PM   #919
diyAudio Member

Now it is installed in my system and playing. I heard at once what they "do" and it is very nice. I do not know what is going on but it is something good, that is for sure .
Old 27th May 2013, 07:00 PM   #920
diyAudio Member

It is rather strange how much better it sounds, even my "problem" CDs sounds better (Norah Jones and Diana Krall). I have never heard some of the ABBA cds I have sound so good, and it is very easy to hear the different sound quality from cd to cd. The interconnect I use is called "Pulse B". Maybe someone have a dealer near them and can try it and report what they think.

Hide this!Advertise here!