"Tired2way" speaker building. - Page 91 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th April 2013, 06:42 PM   #901
Starre is offline Starre  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Very new, not released here yet but I know it will be in a few weeks. Could be something very good, yup.
Old 24th April 2013, 06:53 PM   #902
DavidLS is offline DavidLS  Canada
diyAudio Member

I own a Lampizator dac which is easily best I have heard but is up there in terms of price. On the affordable side I can highly recommend JKenny dac (out of Ireland and I own as well). Have not heard it but have read rave reviews about Metrum Octave which I think is German production. There are many good and affordable dacs out there as the technology seems to have really matured the last 2-3 years.
Old 25th April 2013, 01:33 AM   #903
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

im using Audio-GD Master 7 DAC. i dont have any comparison to other similar priced DAC, but its a BIG improvement over clarity, depth and detail to the lowered priced DAC ($3-500)

AMR dac seems very very good, i think should be widely available in europe, they do have certain patent for the circuits, this is not one of those repackage circuits from someone else
Abbingdon Music Research - Products - Digital Processor-777
Old 25th April 2013, 06:27 AM   #904
diyAudio Member

Interesting suggestions, thanks. I made a bid on a used Audio Aero La Fontain but it is very expensive. It is a DAC, drive, preamp and also plays SACD but really I do not need the preamp or SACD part. And too expensive perhaps. Anyone heard the La Fontaine? There is a dac-only version of it too but then I have to buy it new and that is out of my price range.
Old 25th April 2013, 07:08 AM   #905
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Don't know, some seem to argue there is distributional DSD over USB future: dsd
There is bit cheaper DAC2D on the Benchmark site also which has no analog preamp still has the DSD.
Old 25th April 2013, 08:42 AM   #906
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I will read it all later, good to know what is or will be the latest in digital.
Old 26th April 2013, 06:47 AM   #907
diyAudio Member

Listened to La Fontain yesterday. It was a pure luxury product no doubt. Partly I was impressed but I was not totally convinced. The room had some issues making it hard to get grip of the sound I think. But an impressive player with very transparent and clean sound. Very focused voices on some CDs. But the price is 7000 euro used. Grrrr.
Old 26th April 2013, 07:24 AM   #908
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

IMO don't invest anything too high a sum in digital source since it is like with the PC market i.e. yesterday's wonder is today's standard. Some companies have 30days money back on direct sales for their DACs even. Whatever you go for make sure a dealer/former owner gives to you the opportunity for home test. See Twisted Pear Buffalo DAC for kit/diy in the digital threads here also.
Old 26th April 2013, 07:42 AM   #909
diyAudio Member

Yes, the seller said that if I really was interested he could let me try it at home for a week with money back if I for some reason did not want it. It is a complete solution though since it can play DSD files from computer and you get a good preamp and esoteric drive. But to be honest it is very much money even if it might be worth it. So I probably should not take that bank loan, lol.
Old 30th April 2013, 07:31 AM   #910
diyAudio Member

I skipped the AA, too expensive. I am now interested in the T+A DAC 8.

Hide this!Advertise here!