"Tired2way" speaker building. - Page 61 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd July 2012, 03:47 AM   #601
diyAudio Member

anybody have a link for this speaker design? sorry... I'm using android. hard to search through all these post. this is exactly what I'm looking for. reminds me of some old dynaudio monitors
Old 22nd July 2012, 04:52 AM   #602
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

The secret of building a good 2-way
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:22 AM   #603
Starre is offline Starre  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Salas, I calculated it again and it should be 0.685 liter. I also think I lost some bass output that I noticed yesterday. This happened after putting that front-to-back rod in, but its volume is only 0.275 liter. I wonder if that small volume could make it tip over so to speak or it is the stiffening itself that sounds like less bass. I will listen more today.
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:22 AM   #604
diyAudio Member

Listened to it and compared to headphones. The bass level is good and if it is a difference to before it does not matter. Of course the bass is more defined with headphones and "dryer" but that is to expect since a BR has a little different sound, more "meaty" but less dry and precise. I will listen with a friend who is soon here and give you an answer, Dufus.
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:41 AM   #605
diyAudio Chief Moderator

You probably lost some upper bass coloration. Headphones skip the room modes thing mainly. Which is a big deal.
Old 22nd July 2012, 02:17 PM   #606
diyAudio Member

Ok Salas, that might be it. Dufus: we listened to live in paris and it sounds pretty easy to follow what is going on. Only thing is the back panel colors the sound sometimes and that I will try to get rid of.
Old 29th July 2012, 10:27 AM   #607
diyAudio Member

It seems like it is very hard to get rid of my problem. I tried a rod and since that didn´t help I considered a rib but after some testing I think it will not work. I have kind of lost hope at the moment, I wonder if it is possible to succeed. Maybe those rods from side to side just moved the problem to the back panel, side panels are very dead, especially compared to the back.
Old 29th July 2012, 11:12 AM   #608
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Rehouse it one day in an aluminum and rubber sandwich cell cabinet. Set the back panel 1cm inside the back corners if you will ever attempt. There are a limited set of things that you can do with a normal MDF cabinet, especially after the initial plan. Most of the very expensive speakers of the ''high resolution'' school have some sort of heroic or exotic cabinet. Depends on your aim, time and expenditure, sense of diy adventure to hear it in an unconventional housing, since you got a good result for a normal cab already.
Old 29th July 2012, 11:21 AM   #609
diyAudio Member

Salas could you elaborate bit more about the sandwich+aluminum wall? How thick should the aluminum be?
Old 29th July 2012, 11:24 AM   #610
diyAudio Chief Moderator

0.5cm+ with the rubber sheet about equal mass to each alu panel. Internal reinforcement still welcome depending on size. Some structural simulation software for buildings if you got a friend in the construction industry to model the best plan may prove invaluable.

Hide this!Advertise here!