"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have tried it tonight and altough it dampens the panel it seems like the difference is small at listening position. It seems the problem is not the back panel but something else. I have a "shouting" effect somewhere around 400-500 Hz that comes through when listening. Have to find out what it is. I have seen a peak at about 500Hz measuring the speakers in room.

I did a measuring at about 1 meter once and it looked better in that regards so I think and hope it is mostly the room affecting it, I will find out what is the problem with more measuring I am sure. RTA like you said Salas, I will also try full range measurings more careful, I did it once and it did look like a comb filter almost, I could clearly see the room making it hard to measure. And of course I do not give up since I think I can still improve things.
But if I get the explanation to this problem I have that is the end of it. Thanks Joachim, I hope that is not needed.

Last edited:
I did two measurings at listening position and in front of one speaker at about 1 metre with both speakers playing white noise. It looks like it is mostly the room since at 500Hz it is first a little peak and then at 1 metre it is a dip.

Attachments

• listeningpos.jpg
    listeningpos.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 1m.jpg
    1m.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 187
Well it was not that Salas, I found out that when using a borrowed computer it looked just fine and now using a new one I just bought it dips over 16kHz like that! Strange, this computer use windows 7 and the other borrowed one use windows XP which is recommended from the software makers although it is said to work with 7 or XP, and it should be fast enough according to program. No idea if it is that which is making the difference, I have to email them to get an answer I guess.

Last edited:
I sent an email to XTZ about it. Since it use an external sound card and it works perfect with one computer it must be something with my computer that is not as it should, thanks anyway Salas but I will see what answer I get from XTZ. I think maybe my computer is too slow after all, it shows the same level whatever I do with the mic. Anyway, the problem with the "shouting" is the room I am rather sure of now so I have been thinking of maybe trying to move the speakers from that wall and use them on the long side of the room instead. It is 3.80 metres wide so maybe that works. The speakers are probably not to blame here and that is good news. Sorry if I gave the impression of something else.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.