"Tired2way" speaker building. - Page 17 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th November 2011, 07:11 PM   #161
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starre View Post
I have done as said, and (!) I hear a clear improvement! It seems the problem was a leaking cabinet. I have just started to listen but I am pretty sure it is ok now. Posting pictures.....
Nice, so we got positive news. The stuffing looks OK as in the original for one. I am inclined to think that when that room is going to get a carpet and more furniture, plus seeing there is space to move even further towards the front wall (the wall behind the speakers), maybe you will be able not to resort to crossover tweaks. Especially after more elasticity sets in the woofer surrounds, its a very fresh build. Looks fine in proportion to the room by the way. Not bad at all for a first time builder.
Old 8th November 2011, 07:47 PM   #162
Starre is offline Starre  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the kind words Salas! Yes it will be fine in the end I think, I have a few thoughts about the stuffing but that is a later matter since I think I will let these "new borns" play as much as possible now to break in fully.
Old 8th November 2011, 07:51 PM   #163
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Don't let them stand more than ~1m tall from top to floor when on final stands, so to have a good axis height when seated on a sofa. You can make some tests when in comfortable stance on your particular sofa and best height for you by listening to voice and piano.
Old 8th November 2011, 07:54 PM   #164
diyAudio Member

Right now the stands are 35 cm making the whole 106 cm high. But up to the middle of the tweeter it is 99cm. I think a shortening of about 5cm might be it like you mentioned, but I saved a few cm just in case to start with, but I think you are right that it is a little too high right now.
Old 8th November 2011, 08:16 PM   #165
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Move your head up and down by nesting in the sofa until you will determine best axis for tonal balance and then fix, but take your time until you are sure about the rest of things to finalize also. How's piano now?
Old 8th November 2011, 08:51 PM   #166
diyAudio Member

I sat on a pillow to simulate a lower stand and it works, it gets more "together". Piano sounds just fine, ty .
Old 8th November 2011, 08:52 PM   #167
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Things go as initially planned it seems.
Old 9th November 2011, 09:12 PM   #168
diyAudio Member

Something happened tonight, the level of the sound suddenly got louder for the same volume setting, made a sign of the drivers (or even filter parts) getting closer to a final state.
Old 9th November 2011, 09:25 PM   #169
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Its mechanical. Forget plastic capacitors doing such. Only chemical caps can reform from storage a bit, and you don't use those. Did it snap into better balance and focus beyond more dynamic?
Old 9th November 2011, 09:43 PM   #170
diyAudio Member

Well I am not sure of focus or balance, but it for sure sounds very similar, just a little louder (I noticed I had to turn the volume down, it was too loud). Very good sound overall.

Hide this!Advertise here!