Tractrix horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There was an aussie guy ( I think..) who had a nice recipe for making your own tractrix horns on his website...
mid to high band that is...

The same guy who had the DIY heatsink cabinets made out of aluminium strips and spacers....

I roughly remember his description, but it would be nice to read it again...but..
now I can't find his pages...

I think this was what was the link Ihad...
http://home.earthlink.net/~lotusblossom/_wsn/page2.html

Any help out there..????

That's John Inlow's page. He posts here as 'carpenter' so maybe you could PM him. Nice guy, and he's in the US.

I've built some trax midhorns and will be making another round pair next week, probably 270Hz for a 400Hz xover. What do you want to know?

If you're going to go to all the effort to make a horn, at least use a decent driver. Decent doesn't mean expensive, it just means good, and it's my opinion that the alpha's are cheap and nasty drivers. An Audax PR170MO would have been a better choice and only $US30 a pair more.

A 2370 isn't that great either IMO/IME, and a trax to 1k6 and an expo above that are going to have on obvious sonic discontinuity.

Now a Unity type horn would be interesting. With enough time, that's probably going to be my project for next year.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.