OB for near field monitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i ve been looking at threads for various ob and i would like to place my demands and results to get opinion from you speaker experts ...

the use :
As we speak i use a couple of 2way bass reflex created with 8" visaton and one Tonsil silk tweeter xover is made passive 2ond order for woofer and 4th for the tweeter ....

the speakers are placed in front of my working bench spread in 2 meters and close enough something like one meter to my ears

Idea is to be able to listen detail in very low power ....

speakers are wokring perfectly only drawback with this setup and these units is that midle doesnt actually kick in unless some ammount of power is given to the speaker

The need :

question is if i go for 10-12 " based OB will it add anything to my listening needs ? i asume that 10-12 inches will cover the diference in the bass but still one have to sugest if this playable to do or not

one will may also say try and see ( OB to built is simple enough )...still could be nice to listen if one ever used the same application and results

kind regards
sakis

Last edited:
First of all i dont have a problem ...meaning that i can understand if a speaker plays with low power ( low enough) not to even start the speaker poperly

its ok if i have to kick in some power ( i have plenty available ) to start the speaker

as about loudness correction or any other tone controls is absolutely out of the question system is totally flat and there absolutelly no tone control involved in any way

kind regards
sakis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.