Fostex coax

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thrift store find: Fostex RM765. Book says late 80's, sounds like it could use a crossover rework, but very crisp as is. My prosound buddy says it used to rule the small studio monitor world. Surprisingly not real efficient, compared with the ordinary Mission 2-ways that arrived at the same time. 4 ohm vs 8 though.
Has a 2pi/4pi switch and a hf level control. Anyone?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thanx Moray.

$(KGrHqF,!hkE2fLwgLpUBNzGdbBCLg~~0_3.JPG

Those look nice.

dave

I have a pair of these and a pair of the 780's. I have used the 780's everyday for years, I simply LOVE them. I rebuilt the crossover's with film caps and ditched the electrolytics, this really helps the sound as those electros are around 25-30 years old now. The drivers are wonderfully constructed with treated accordian surrounds, copper caps on the pole pieces, and three equidistant spaced half moon shaped rubber thingies glued to the back of the cones near the edges for breakup control. These things were way ahead of their time. The tweeter is a planar film with quite a high crossover, around 8k IIRC. put these in a suitable TQWP or something and they really shine! Great value.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.