need 2 way crossover point advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im looking a doing a 2 way setup, im interested in vifa ne95w-04 3in and vifa ne25vtt tweeters.
i've seen calculators online plugging in freq and giving a parts list, i need help on choosing what point and slope for this set. they will be backed up by 6 1/2 woofer, not sure which one yet the vifa ne series is a little pricey.
im going to try them out in a set of kick panels in my dodge magnum, as a trial and will this set and the door midbass will have separate amps.
ive seen some setups with exact same hp and lp values, and some with 12db hp and 6db lp with underlapping values.
another concern is tweeter protection, and will a polyswitch be needed.
i'm new to this forum, but have enjoyed audio for many years, worked as a 12v audio tech for 14yrs, and was laid off 3 yrs ago, working as a security tech now, and want to get back into owning a nice setup.
thanks
dc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.