Anyone identify these peerless drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm posting on this forum after a long time. I'm from India and here it is very difficult for diy'er to get decent drivers. Recently I stumbled upon these drivers from a vendor who claimed it to be surplus peerless Denmark drivers..apart from this no specs or data sheet.The only technical spec marked impedance 4 ohms ..
Another detail marked on this driver is Cat no 830608 and Qc 010930. It is a 5.5 inches driver
Have anyone of you used this driver. Do anyone have a data sheet(T/S parameters) of this driver?. It looks like a midwoofer to me,but i'm not sure abt this. I have searched the web..parts express..peerless site and what not, but no success. And Plz dont tell me to try measuring the T/S parameters myself ,i shudder at that thought. My only hope is someone on this forum will identify this driver and help me with the specs to build a loudspeaker..thanx

Attachments

• DSC01408.jpg
    DSC01408.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC01410.JPG
    DSC01410.JPG
    683.7 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC01415.JPG
    DSC01415.JPG
    805.9 KB · Views: 451
Looks very much like an OEM product to me, so I'd e-mail Peerless to see if they're willing to provide spec's for you. They usually are.

But from what I can see, since it has Nomex cone, current basket design, added bucking magnet, and 4 ohms, it might be from their now discontinued top-of-range line of car audio speakers.

Could be New Old Stock. To the best of my knowledge the primary reason for tacking a second magnet on the back of a driver is to cancel magnetic field for use around CRTs. CRTs are now mostly going away. Companies don't spend money on parts that aren't needed. Occams razor says the speakers were intended for use close to a CRT.
Hope the link was at least useful
Doc

t/s parameter for peerless 830608

Hi guys, I got two numbers of 830608 recently.
I need some help on T/S parameters of this driver for designing enclosure for the same.
I have exhaustively searched over net for same. Came to know that its a custom build model from peerless.

If anyone has already worked or tested with speakers. Kindly help me

The bucking magnet is NOT for shielding. When one attaches a similar magnet to a driver with repelling pole, then it produces a shielding effect...which is not in this case...I have seen Philips drivers with similar arrangement

I can fairly well guarantee you that's a conventional bucking magnet. There's no reason to include the second magnet otherwise, you'd be stealing flux from the pole piece and increasing the radiating field, with no benefit and several drawbacks (lower sensitivity, higher flux modulation distortion). Bucking magnets are good because of the higher sensitivity and lower flux modulation distortion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.