What Speakers can I make for $150 or less?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm going to make a pair of speakers to use along with the Zen V4 I am making, and would like to know what would be a good choice. I have about $150 to spend, and the less the better :). I was maybe 2-ways, and I'd like to make them fairly small, preferably not more than a foot tall. Suggestions for driver combos or plans would be greatly appreciated.

full-rangers are another good candidate. my RS 40-1197 speakers (made by dave (planet10) because i wasn't set up yet for making my own) could be made within your budget, assuming you can get your hands on the drivers. Radio Shack is selling out their stock of drivers, so they might be hard to come by now. but if they have 'em, they're a steal at about 4-5 bucks apiece on clearance.

/andrew

Actually thats just bags of poly fill behind the speakers.The speakers are wrapped in 2 layers of felt and the TQWT has an aperiodic port at the bottom which is covered by felt so it gives the speaker a smooth 1 piece look(no apparent vent).I find the aperiodic easier to tune and gives an almost flat impedance curve.
ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.