Madisound HDS kits. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th September 2011, 11:58 PM   #1
ODougbo is offline ODougbo  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Madisound HDS kits.

Has anyone besides me tried these yet? Iíve built two sets of five (10 total) and they are awesome. Not a lot of bass, but the mid and high end is really nice. The middle range is perfect for HT, the voice and dialogue is crystal clear. The folks at Madisound did an outstanding job with the crossover.

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/mtm-speaker-kits/hds-home-theater-kit-parts-only/

I sold all but 1 to friends and they are still thanking me every time I see them. Iím using my last one for the center channel, but plan on making more soon.

They recommend a rectangle box, the drivers and crossover deserve a little more than that, these are 1Ē MDF with additional lead lining.

I donít think there is anything out there Ė in this price range Ė that can compare to these. I took one pair to my friends, the guy is an amplifier and been building speakers for years, he loved them. They are whistle clear!!

*The crossover is very sophisticated, they donít have a pic but I have a view [having problems uploading]. As mentioned in the webpage, the crossover does have to be built into the speaker.

* My fiend and I did make one improvement, we coated the mid drivers with RTV 118, self leveling silicon, that did improve the bass.

* After this set, I did find a way to drop the speakers in without cutting the notch for the wire terminal, you have to back cut the speaker hole with a router, preferable before you assemble.

* Gorilla glue and clams, no screws (-; (-;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HDS Kit 2.JPG (617.2 KB, 242 views)
Old 14th September 2011, 11:14 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Okay, hereís a shot of the crossover, donít know why it would not upload yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HDS Cross.jpg (476.3 KB, 188 views)
Old 24th April 2015, 05:47 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Back at this toady, picked back up a pair back up from my buddy and re-built them with MS dimensions (using Baltic Birch Ply).
8" wide and 13" tall.

I'm thinking next time to add use a center brace and add 3/4" to the height.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3488.JPG (727.3 KB, 89 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!