Please advise on crossover schematic build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I'm going to go ahead and build this design from Troel's site:
Peerless HDS 134 +

I've decided (after advice on here - thanks) to plump for the XT25TGG30-04 tweeter and have started putting together some cabinets.

My question:
I look at the crossover schematic and see that the bass driver and tweeter have their own individual schemas for their respective components. In my inexperienced head I can only see this as needing a biwirable terminal plate as opposed to a terminal plate with a single set of binding posts.

Troels' site shows the cabinet as having only one set of terminals and I was wondering how in practice this is done:
Crossover components for each driver mounted on two boards with a + and - wire from each board attached to the respective + or - terminal?

I wanted to get this straight in my mind before I order the components.

Sorry for the noob question (unfortunately I'm full of them). Maybe I should take up stamp collecting instead.

Cheers

Nick

Hi,

To use a single set of terminals you simply wire both the grounds together and both the positive inputs together. This is what you would do back at the amplifier if you bi wire anyway the only difference is the bass and treble currents share the same wire impedance.

Regards,
Andy

Thanks to you both. I'm pleased that my understanding was correct.

Richard - I followed your link. Interesting site, I'll have a proper read through when I've more time.

Andy - the biwiring analogy at the back of the amp makes perfect sense. I've done that 100's of times and didn't make the jump in my mind that the principle was the same - doh!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.