Wavecor 6.5" WF160WA02

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
finally got these into more sensible 24L boxes & hooked up for a listen using my Peerless 5" mids crossed over at ~ 500Hz. The boxes are yet to be tuned pending a bit more burn-in, but my above comments are confirmed, plenty of nice sounding low end.

That said, they're still a 6" driver, & lose it a bit when really pumped. Ideal for computer monitors, bookshelfs & perhaps a small TL.... or even an 'Elsinore' clone :eek: But now I'm hankering for a pair of 15"ers/side ...:D

finally got these into more sensible 24L boxes.... The boxes are yet to be tuned ..That said, they're still a 6" driver, & lose it a bit when really pumped.

some new measurements:
Fs 63.5 (WTF?), Qt .53, Qe .58, Qm 5.32, Vas 12L.....

at Fs 64Hz how low can it go?

Edit : Wavecor has a new range of 7" driver nomex cone and paper cone with a new basket. They seem to be serious challengers to the ER18.

Which 7"? The WF182 "Balanced Drive" unit?

re:'A pair of 10" can do the job ' - yeah, but 2x 15" looks so much more macho..:D

re:'at Fs 64Hz how low can it go?' - yes, I was surprised too, but I've got to measure the specs again after a bit more burn in (the box is tuned to ~ 39 Hz at present, it'll probably end up being in the low 40s to tighten up the bottom end a bit)

i got these drivers in terms of bass extension its complete disappointment... Its not like the scanspeak carbon cones where you get the entire low sweetness..

I have designed this and sold to few customers all complain about the bass extension..

Mids have problems... alot of problems infact the only positive thing about this thing is it has details... alot of details... I hardly see any scanspeak or other driver can do this kind of fast response but it eats away all the sweetness in sound... I would rather prefer to use this driver as a midrange and sure cant fit in 2 way and satisfy more customers..

People who like upper mids and highs can choose this driver.

There is a serious over tone in the freq around 1khz there is some sort of breakup and uneven curve... you can even see this on the graph...

they need to re engineer this product not sufficent and the Fs is very bad for such a big driver...

so like I said technically this could be a very good mid than a mid bass...

people who say its good low bass but no... it doesnt work on that lines...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.