Wavecor 6.5" WF160WA02 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th September 2011, 08:28 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

I don't think the marriage between the wavecor and the SEAS will be a success. The sound could be not homogeneous. Just pay attention the tweeter should be well chosen, the choice of the T25 is good. In my setup the marriage with the monacor is not ideal, the distortion of the monacor is low but miss refinement.
The 3 ways is better than the 2.5 A more detailed sound.
Old 13th September 2011, 08:45 AM   #12
alspe is offline alspe  Finland
diyAudio Member

Usually 0,5 ways driver should be same as mid driver.

BTW, is it always going to be full BSC when used 0,5 way (with same driver as mid)? If yes, it will be too bass heavy for little rooms I think.
Old 13th September 2011, 08:54 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

re:'0,5 ways driver should be same as mid driver. ' - we'll have to agree to disagree on that, having the same driver just makes it a bit easier.
I'm using an active setup, so can dial in the amount of lower woofer I want
Old 13th September 2011, 10:01 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

In a 2.5 you can use the woofer you want
With an active setup you can test a lot of configuration
Your 10" peerless could be a good marriage with the ER18RNX in a 3 ways
Old 15th September 2011, 04:16 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

on closer listening last night, I'm revising my opinion on the midbass... it's not quite present enough. I think the problem is that the box is a bit big & I'm getting a peak at ~ 40Hz which makes the kick drum sound awesome, but higher up (bass guitar fequencies)sounds relatively weak. Further tweaking & measuring this weekend, if the kids'll give me time....
Old 15th September 2011, 08:20 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Err,, do you have 1 or 2 Wavecor drivers per side in your 36 l @ 40 Hz tuned reflex box? If you have just one, you'll be getting major bump in response around tuning freq if your T/S measurements are correct (Qts 0,56). That added to natural room gain, 40 Hz plays on top of other bass freq's.

Try 18 l @ 40 Hz box.
Old 16th September 2011, 12:32 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Hi Alspe, just one per side.... still breaking them in, so waiting for the parameters to settle down before I decide on final box size/tuning
Old 21st September 2011, 06:58 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMcK View Post
Hi Alspe, just one per side.... still breaking them in, so waiting for the parameters to settle down before I decide on final box size/tuning
Have you played them in and are you going to measure parameters again? PLease do it after 200 hr hard playing.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:23 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

re:'200 hr hard playing' - I'm working on it (prefer music to sine waves :-)...
actually I'm in the middle of building the boxes for my SEAS drivers
Old 30th September 2011, 10:03 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

some new measurements:
Fs 63.5 (WTF?), Qt .53, Qe .58, Qm 5.32, Vas 12L...
they're very consistent, both drivers being virtually the same, it's dissapointing that Fs has gone UP... but modelling shows them to very forgiving of box size changes, and can get flat down to the low 40s. I got them distorting at one point, it was very gentle 2nd harmonic, no nasty overtones, so they sound good, & can pump the bass beautifully (probably due to a small ~ 1dB, broad lower mid-bass hump in response in most boxes)
Ideal for either a small (~<20L) 2 way, or a pair as the low end for 2.5 or 3 way..

now I really must get on with the boxes for my ER18RNXs... once the neighbours are out of bed.....

Hide this!Advertise here!