Nelson Pass: The Slot Loaded Open Baffle Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anybody???

Those woofers would work, IIRC Mr. Pass' initial project used 8" woofers that were not particularly high Q.

The A25 woofers would be wasted on a slot loaded baffle, in that the slot loading limits bandwidth where they are effective. One of the most brilliant features of that woofer is that it's a 10" unit that is usable up to 2K where it's easy to XO to a tweeter.

The whole idea of a SLOB is to use a high efficiency woofer ( as high as possible ) in conjunction with a broad band driver as a filler for the lowest octaves.

Re-Read Nelsons paper on his Pass DIY site....

I read the whole thing but I have Oris horns that go down to about 100hz and I will be biamping so neither of those is really a concern. And I have six of the A25 Woofers already so I only need to buy two more. So if they will work fairly well then I probably would want to use those for my first go at it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.