Nelson Pass: The Slot Loaded Open Baffle Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What do you prefer?
Front firing with slot or like Nelson has his?

Hi,

It's a good question. Actually I don't have a chance to compare them in a clear enough way. So don't take this too seriously.

For a pure sub, I think the original NP style slot is better. With at least 2 drivers, it got better sensitivity and overall output within a relatively compact package. And if you go push-pull, there's an additional benefit -- cancellation of even-order distortions.

If you use this up to lower midrange, the simpler front firing driver with slot maybe better by it's less pronounced resonances which are also pushed higher in frequency. Because the dimensions and volume of the cavity is smaller.

:)

just get it over with, or i wont be able to sleep tonight.
the suspense is killing me! :D

Your SUSPENDERS are killing you..?:D

I'd better give you a little teaser, then....

Have no URL-links, so here goes:

Attachments

• slobby front.JPG
    slobby front.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,056
This should give you an idea about proportions... the handles are SS316 with serrated grip, sleeves in DZ brass with M16 threads (basically similar to 5/8"). The discs are also inSS316 and about 75 mm. (3") in dia.

Attachments

• DSC_0151.JPG
    DSC_0151.JPG
    860.1 KB · Views: 1,021
  • DSC_0152.JPG
    DSC_0152.JPG
    673.6 KB · Views: 958
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.