DCX2496 XO advice for a noob.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to build a pretty high end speaker. Each woofer will be in its own cabinet and will also use a sealed LMS5400 subwoofer with a Q of 0.6.
I want to use a first order crossover with my dcx2496
I would really like to use the ScanSpeak d3004-66200 as it has a very flat response and lower THD. I've also read good things about the illuminator woofers.
The LMS 5400 is flat to around 200hz and the 66200 is flat to around 1kish. Will I end up having to use 2 different size woofers on top of the tweeter and sub to make this a usable 1st order speaker? OR is this possible to do with 1 mid woofer. I really dont want to push the tweeter too low.
Do active crossovers still produce the phase and time shift that passive ones do when using 2nd or 3rd order?

Please suggest a woofer (or 2 if needed) and where i should be crossing it over. I really would prefer a scanspeak illuminator though.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.