I nearly threw out this box when I had an idea...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an MDF test box I was thinking about throwing away, since they were doing nothing.

Fat_lady_awaiting_the_jiggersaw.jpg

yes its MDF and maybe imperfect, but its about 15 litres and solid at 1½" thick....enough room to shape the corners some....

Anyway then I got perhaps an obvious idea. cut it in half anf make 2 ~7litre boxes..?

Fat_lady_sawn_in_half.jpg

Et Voila!

A little rough cut, but i plan to shape the edges as they are now, for a baffle edge of as useful a radius as i can.

My first thought for the drivers was the pair of idle Audax Ap100ZO, and TM25F1 a la the Hennessy, except in a vented box, or I may use a pair of the TB W2-800SL I have here, and cross much lower. for the Audax at 7 litres, the box is slightly too small, WINisd gives 9l for a max flat alignment, tuning lower and dropping the volume down to 7litres gives me a fairly good result, simming in WINisd at least.

AP100ZO_7_litre_Fat_lady.jpg

Has anyone got any other midwoofer that would be worth considering in place of the Audax?

-10dB cursor is at ~36-38Hz which i found quite surprising for the 4" driver.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.