DIY - Super High End Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nothing in this price-range?????
It isnt a MUST that it has to be Accuton drivers, but im in LOVE with Marten Colrane 2. And if there was a kit with Accuton drivers, then I could tweek the design more to what Coltrane 2 looks like.

For example this speaker:
jensen-bob-c-3.jpg

and then designed a Coltrane 2-design and for example split the loudspeaker in 2, like this speaker in the picture. See?

Hello!
Im serching for my next DIY-kit (or drawings for new loudspeakers, x-overs).
Im looking for a kit up to about 10.000$. (Love the look of Accuton drivers.)
3-way or 4-way speaker. Links anyone?

Go active. All the stuff shown so far has passive crossovers. Go active. Either design and build the boxes yourself, or just design them (it's not hard) and have someone build them for you. Have some of the crew here design the boxes for you if you don't want to do it. Then buy or build the active crossovers and all the amplifiers you need to run it. For really high end, you can easily end up with a system that costs 10 grand. A "kit" seems silly to me since it's just assembling the parts. Why bother? Design it yourself or have someone here do it. Pay someone to make the boxes if you can't or don't want to.

I have built the Dynabel Euforia from scratch before, and love it!
So I will ofcourse build the new ones myself to!!! :)
I soldered the x-over on Euforia,
but I dont know how to build one from scratch on my own.
Therefor I need a kit or HOW-TO-drawings for a high-end kit.

Someone who have built some of Humble`s speakers anywhere?

I want to design the speakers myself with the needed liter of air the speaker demands, if that is the most important thing?
I spoke to Humble about Humble Statement,
but it wasnt his best speaker he said. But he just updated with a new designed x-over that should have more air in the tweeter and more bass.
But he cant test it, because he has sold the speaker.. What to do?

My Norwegian DIY Dynabel Euforia:
DSC01287.jpg

Euforia.jpg

Hello!
Im looking for a kit up to about 10.000$. (Love the look of Accuton drivers.)
10000$ is too much money for a high end DIY kit. A fraction is sufficient, 4000$

See with Troels Gravesen ?
He can help you and we could have an article on this project ? ;)

edit
Sorry I was confused with the flags, Norway and Denmark, very similar.

Yes it's better to build a 3 ways. The magnesium driver have a fabulous midbass, the best I have heard.

Last edited:
10000$ is too much money for a high end DIY kit. A fraction is sufficient, 4000$

See with Troels Gravesen ?
He can help you and we could have an article on this project ? ;)

edit
Sorry I was confused with the flags, Norway and Denmark, very similar.

Yes it's better to build a 3 ways. The magnesium driver have a fabulous midbass, the best I have heard.

Well, I was thinking of the 11" Accuton and maybe the diamond-tweeter,
so its gonna cost. :) And yes, I`ve heard the MID Accuton is among the best!
But who can help me achive a Coltrane 2 clone!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.