My Dynaudio Woofers have blown- 20w75

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bambadoo said:
I tried. Dynaudio in Denmark could replace them for about:
700 us$ - They aren't worth that much I tell you

That is rediculous! Remo (www.remo.nl) is selling them for 159 Euro each.

(calculate, calculate...) Aha.. that is 318 Euro for a pair, that's about $291 and that is without tax and shipping.

If they are asking 700 bucks, they have a serious problem with their attitude :mafioso:

Jan

Thanks for the tip on Remo. I will send them an email and ask if they can send to Norway.
BTW - I assume it is the 8 ohm version they have, and not the 4 ohm version, but I will give it a try.
I am able to get the 8 ohm version for about 230 $/pair. (slightly used)

Regards

Reply to Dynaudio 20W75s for sale

Yes that sounds interesting. However, how much will the cost be, transporting the units to Norway?
And the Euro is quite strong for the time being, the same is the Norwegian NOK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bambadoo,

I looked up prices using UPS and I'm getting a shipping cost of about $90 USD (about 76 Euro), including insurance. The good side is that it will get there in a day or two. Very fast!

I have a fellow who is offering me $400 USD for the pair, but I will sell them to you for Euro 400 plus 75 shipping -- A grand total of 475 Euro. Does that sound fair? The units are in perfect condition with low playing time and sound superb.

I got them as part of a kit called "Aries", which I built myself. I loved the woofer (20W75), but didn't like the D280 tweeter or the crossover that was with the setup. So, I tossed everything except the woofers and was going to start over but decided I'd rather sell these and buy a used subwoofer instead. Don't get me wrong, though -- the 20W75s are really nice speakers -- very detailed and with some "woof" if you build their box right.

Also I'll throw in the two Dynaudio "Variovents" that they suggest you use with these woofers, and the two crossovers that both had a partial meltdown of an inductor. It looks like the rest of the parts are in fine working condition.

Let me know what to do.

Shawn

Let me know if you want them. They are pretty rare these days since Dynaudio

Thanks for your offer sparkinark (nice nick)- but I think I will go for remo.nl. I have contacted them already. BTW. I have sent my woofers to a local "repair man" and he has tried to fix the. The problem is that he has to remove the dust cap to get them 100%, but then you would see that they have been repaired.

Best Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.