My Dynaudio Woofers have blown- 20w75

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The problem is that he has to remove the dust cap to get them 100%, but then you would see that they have been repaired.

Not only would you see that they have been repaired. They might perform differently afterwards, since the cone and the dustcap are one piece altogether !
Another thing is that the Dynaudio voice-coils are so called hexacoils. If they are cooked they might not be easily repaired.

Regards

Charles

P.S. If he wants to remove the dustcap because of centering you should prevent him from doing that. I can send you a picture of how this is done by Dynaudio.

phase_accurate said:

Not only would you see that they have been repaired. They might perform differently afterwards, since the cone and the dustcap are one piece altogether !
Another thing is that the Dynaudio voice-coils are so called hexacoils. If they are cooked they might not be easily repaired.

Regards

Charles

P.S. If he wants to remove the dustcap because of centering you should prevent him from doing that. I can send you a picture of how this is done by Dynaudio.
Yes please send me a picture of that. I would really appreciate it, since he tells me it's the only way

Thanks in advance

Bamb

I would have to mail it since it is from a report in the German mag AUDIOphile, shot during a visit of the factory in Skanderborg.

But maybe a description will work too: If you look at the cone from the from the front, then you will see some small drops of glue where at the joint of cone, dustcap and coil is. Thes drops are there to make small holes airtight.
Through these holes thin steel wires were stuck between coil and center polepiece, in oder to center the coil during assembly and glue-drying. I read that Dynaudio uses the steel center wire (don't kow how it is correctly called in English, in German it is called "Seele" = soul) of piano strings for this purpose.

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.