Audio Technology 10 C 77 25 10 KAP Advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AT Sandwich cone unit I m thinking about .

Anyone that have tried this new woofer from AT collection.

Can anyone advise me if I can use that 10 " driver ( 77 mm VC ) up to 800 hz?

Will it play clean up to the 800 mark for me or is it better to use a midbass ?

thanks guys

It´s interesting to see that according to the measurements from the above link, the burn in process burned about 2g fat form the drivers := O -hopefully they´ll be a bit more long lived than that ;)
haha -Just reminds us that these data needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. The official specs states 54,5g mms which is about 8g less than these measurements suggests.. Could AT really be so far off? they probably knows what the moving parts weighs, so....
I can assure you though that these woofers goes deep and does so with great impact and control.
It´s also interesting to see how much more these AT´s puts out in the upper bass region than the SS and Seas which it were compared to. This could account for the comparably great sensitivity i have experienced with it in my 54L ported enclosure. The SS really looks generally insensitive compared to the seas and the AT. Food for thoughts :)

You know my stand on the appropriateness of these woofers midrange capabilities. Best be avoided, but at the same time simplicity is maybe an even greater concern... I could be that it does better with the small ATC dome than my 7" mid/bass so give it a try it may fit with the ATC quite well after all... 800Hz is probably a stretch though... Is it because the ATC dips or? it has been crossed with 12" woofers at 380Hz in several constructions some even by ATC themselves :)

cheers

Ha ha that is funny woofers are burning off some extra calories !!!!

There is always + /- to everything for sure.

I will try a listening test and see how they sound up to 800 hz in comparison to the BM2500 .4 units which some say is the ultimate midbass driver.

those are sexy drivers Oh boy .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.