12'' drivers Distortion measured! <link>

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
box=its own distortion types..

that is why i asked for comments :p

the way i understand it-
if it has lower distortion than an IB the distortion will be the SAME but REDUCED in whatever box type you choose

eg ported box less excursion-but brings its own ported characteristic

and sealed box woofer will exhibit more of that distortion + over-ring <sealed box characteristic>

i think that open baffle testing is good,also it would be good to compare to sealed box testing..aslong as everyone does it the same way~!

my JBL2226h although used in ported boxes,has distortion measured on a 300L sealed box

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mike.e/DISTORTIOn.jpg

notice how the DPL12 has way less like -20db distortion at certain frequencies compared to SHIVA <which btw im buying for a mates basshorn design>

:)

heh its not my site-i just found it

i would liek to do a comparable test with my JBL

but remember-since most of them are 12''s,the area will be reasonably similar,and with same V in,excursion shouldnt be too dissimilar.am i correct?

i think also should compare with max Xmax distortion-if it were possible to measure,perhaps the Distortion increases suddenly,or hitting the back plate :p

:bigeyes: :bawling: :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.