replacement tweeter caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There have probably been a lot of threads on this, but I can't figure out how to narrow the seach.

Anyway, I want to replace my tweeter caps. Right now I have a 4.7uF Solen in parallel with a .22 cap that was in a bag of caps I bought on Ebay. I'm thinking I could go just a tad higher, perhaps a 4.7 + .33.

I've heard good things about Audio Cap Thetas. (For the price, they *should* be good!) PartsExpress doesn't show any 4.7's in that brand. There's a 5.0 (at 28 bucks a pop).

So... I'm looking for advice. Go with the single, large cap? Use a different brand or brands... or what?

Hi Dave,

You might want to have a look at the Northcreek webpage on cap bypassing in crossovers. Many people consider Northcreek crossovers to be among the best.

On a related note, I would not spend more on the caps for the tweeter than the tweeter itself. Most everything I have found recommends an investment in the crossover equal to that of the cost of the drivers themselves.

I hope a few others will chime in with more specific recommendations.

Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.