Anyone able to identify this speaker power connector?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry about the bad link. heres the pic.

Attachments

• connnector.jpg
    connnector.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 137
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That's a real oddball, I've never seen anything like it in a three pin connector. Clearly intended to keep you from plugging it in with just any old cordset.. Seems like there might be more to it? I think you might need to go back to the original manufacturer on this one unless you know exactly what is on the other side of that connector and where it goes...

I agree that it looks more like a 3 pin power connector than a speaker connector. You need to leaf through the connector catalogs of the larger connector makers (Amphenol, etc.)

Otherwise ignore the connector and try and fashion some termination pins that fit into the central bits (would 4mm round fit?)

Why 3 connections?

David

Well, in the original post, it says "100-230V, 50-60Hz, 1kW MAX" now that I'm seeing the connector I'm going to say those 3 pins are hot, neutral and ground for a mains connector.

Notice it's keyed so that it's impossible to reverse the connector. I don't think they'd do that on a speaker.

Edit: Can you get a picture of the entire back panel?

Last edited:
I agree that it looks more like a 3 pin power connector than a speaker connector. You need to leaf through the connector catalogs of the larger connector makers (Amphenol, etc.)

Otherwise ignore the connector and try and fashion some termination pins that fit into the central bits (would 4mm round fit?)

Why 3 connections?

David
I'm not familiar with the OP's connector, but in the "bad old days" it was common for many sound companies to use three twist lock pin connectors for bi-amped monitors, highs "+" on one pin, lows "+" on another, and both sharing the ground connection as "-", using an amp that has shared "-".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.