New Digital Xover by Alto - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2003, 09:19 PM   #1
diyAudio Moderator

Default New Digital Xover by Alto

Just got this in at my local pro audio dealers.

http://www.altoproaudio.com/products...&cat=3&type=14

The look and controls are a bit tacky, but the sound quality so far is excellent. It uses PCM1702 DA converters, and has loads of room inside for upgrading and tweeking.

It has no auto set up features, so you have to know what you're doing and have access to measurement equipment, but the price may well be around 300 UK, cheaper than the Behringer.

I will borrow it for a while and give you all a full review after I finish my house move. I should hopefully be able to compare it with the DBX, Omnidrive, and XTA crossovers.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 21st August 2003, 09:48 PM   #2
Ken L is offline Ken L  United States
diyAudio Member

Default it doesn't look any tackier than the Behringer.

it would be great if you could hook up with someone that had a Behringer, and do a shoot out between, Behringer, DBX, alto and any others.

However, we eagerly await your report in whatever form.

regards

Ken L
Old 21st August 2003, 11:16 PM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: it doesn't look any tackier than the Behringer.

Hi Ken

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken L
it would be great if you could hook up with someone that had a Behringer
I agree, unfortunately, my mates don't have an account with Behringer, so unless they get one in S/H, I would need to find someone local who had one.

However it might be quite fun to make it a bit of an open house, and get a few diyAudio'ers together for a beer and a listening test. I'll have to see how much room I have in the new flat, (when I finally find one!).
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Hide this!Advertise here!